Do you have enough money saved for retirement? Start planning ahead now by setting aside money for retirement and considering Long Term Care Insurance so that all of your assets are not depleted on Long Term Care, but on things you enjoy!
According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the average costs in the U.S. (in 2009) are:
- $198/day for a semi-private room in skilled nursing
- $3,131/month for care in a Personal Care Home (for a one-bedroom unit)
- $19/hour for Homemaker services
- $21/hour for a Home Health Aid
- $67/day for care in an Adult Day Health Care Center
Do you have enough saved to support these expenses at retirement? Click here to see what you need to save for retirement.
Kiwi Marketing Group
I wanted to send out a special thank you to Kiwi Marketing Group for designing this wonderful blog! If you are interested in their services including web optimization, web design, social media, and many other marketing services, visit their website at http://kiwmarketinggroup.com They are a great group to work with!
Currently, there are about 10 million caregivers in the United States and 75% percent of them are women. Pennsylvania has the 5th largest population of caregivers. Taking on the stresses of caregiving can take quite a toll on individuals. Here are 10 tips for caregivers:
- Take long, slow, deep breaths.
- Sit in a quiet room and read a book.
- Don’t hesitate to ask others for help.
- Set personal goals and work towards them day by day.
- Take on a new hobby.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take a walk with a friend.
- Attend/Visit a local Support Group for Caregivers. Call United Way LINC at (717) 291-LINC (5462) for more information.
- Address your own physical, mental, and spiritual needs.
- Laugh often
Part 2 of 5: Listen
How are staff members communicating with the residents? Are they compassionate or demanding?
Do the residents seem to be enjoying themselves or are you hearing a lot of complaints? (Ask a few of the residents about their experiences at the community…they are usually more than willing to share their experiences with you)
Are staff members introducing themselves to you?
Does the community view themselves as a ‘facility’ or a ‘community’?
Please take note that Pavelko Senior Consulting Services address changed. Our new address is: